Did you Know...
You can negotiate your taxi fare.
You have the option of asking your taxicab driver for a discounted rate.
All taxicab driver’s go through background checks.
To ensure the passenger safety, all taxicab drivers must complete the permit application process. This entails fingerprinting, a background check, and drug and alcohol testing. This is done at least once a year with random testing performed monthly.
Taxicab vehicles are inspected twice yearly (every six months).
All taxicab vehicles must go through a rigorous inspection twice a year to ensure proper operation.
Taking a taxi is more cost effective.
A shuttle fee, including other paid forms of transportation, is charged per person; not the case with a taxi. If you are traveling in a party of two or more, you are charged one taxi fare. You will also travel directly to your destination.
Taxi provides direct service to your destination.
If you travel by shuttle, you may not get directly to your destination because you have other passengers that need to be dropped off at different locations.
Make a note of the cab name and number at the time of your ride.
This information will be helpful if you should forget something in the cab.
Before you exit the taxicab CHECK:
We appreciate all comments about taxi service in the Coachella Valley.
Your input is important to us. Please call 760-343-3456, ext 171.
TAXI PASSENGER RIGHTS
As a passenger, you have a right to:
- Pay electronically with a major credit/debit card with no added fee
- Request any destination via the most direct route or the route of your choice
- A courteous and safe driver who obeys all traffic laws, including the “hands-free” cell phone laws
- A receipt upon request
- An unobstructed view of the taximeter & operator permit
- A driver who speaks English and has knowledge about attractions in the Coachella Valley
- Be accompanied by a domestic pet or service animal
- Air conditioning or heat upon request
- Working seat belts for all passengers
- A clean, orderly and odor-free taxicab
- A “noise-free” trip, to every extent possible
- Decline to tip
- Payment for fare must be made by cash or credit card when boarding or at your destination.
- If you dispute the fare, quietly discuss it with the driver or request to speak to the local dispatcher/manager. You may also file a complaint with SRA, 760-343-3456, ext 171.
- Drinking and eating are allowed. Drinks must be in a sports bottle or closed container.
- A fee of $100.00 may be added to the fare as a clean up fee for any spillage, trash or mess made in the taxicab.